- a welcoming reception
- a variety of open very agile working areas
- partial walls but lots of glazing
- informal work spaces
- some 'closed' meeting rooms
- plenty of light
- real transparency into every area
- vertical links between floors
- use of colour
- a variety of furniture
- plants.... and more
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
Good designs work...
I know several posts recently have been about offices and design features, but last week in Leeds I visited an office that just seemed to demonstrate many features that lots of schools are talking about...
The working atmosphere in this building was just fab... and the ideas do work for schools. Most people who are concerned about this model are rightly concerned about acoustics - but we have the technology to get solve this important issue. Get that right and the spaces really do work amazingly.